What is a Sustainable Energy Community?
- A Sustainable Energy Community (SEC) is a community which works together to develop and implement a sustainable energy plan for their community.
- We now have an SEC on Bere Island, with membership is open to all islanders.
What are the benefits for Bere Islanders?
- A SEC will save money and create local jobs through energy efficiency and the use of suitable local renewable energy sources.
- Communities can save an average of 20% on their energy use, lowering fuel bills and increasing comfort levels and sustainability.
Help Bere Island by filling in your Household Energy Survey.
- Bere Island Sustainable Energy Community would like all householders on Bere Island to complete a short survey about their energy use.
- This initiative is part of the preparation of an Energy Master Plan for the island being carried out by Plan Energy, consulting on behalf of the Bere Island SEC.
- You may have heard Plan Energy discussing this on Bere Island Community Radio on Sunday 3rd May 2021.
- To make these savings a reality, Bere Island SEC needs your help to answer 10 simple questions about your home, the types of fuel you use to heat your homes, and your homes’ heating comfort level. We are also collecting similar information from Bere Island’s businesses.
How you will receive your Household Energy Survey.
- A link to the online survey will be sent out to all households by the Bere Island Projects Group on 24 May 2021 and will also be distributed through social media.
- Copies of the survey in pdf and on paper are also available from the Bere Island SEC on firstname.lastname@example.org; or from the Bere Island Projects Group on 027 75099.
Links to the home energy and business energy surveys are below, along with information on installing a solar PV system in your home.