Angling on Bere Island
The beautiful scenery of Beara provides an ideal backdrop for sea angling. On Bere Island there are number of great angling spots.
All sites on farmers land will be closed to the public for one day on the 31st January every year. Conserve Bass Daily Bag Limit of 2 Bass per Angler. Size limit is 40cm (15 3/4 inches) Closed Season from 15th May to 15th June. Protected By Law.
Plan your Fishing
- NEVER fish alone.
- Experienced anglers should accompany first time anglers.
- Wear suitable footwear and clothing. Remember rain can make rocks very slippery.
- When casting make sure everyone knows you are about to cast.
- Do not swing the lead in any sort of arc. keep it going straight over.
- Never fish from the rocks when the sea is rough or has a swell.
- Never drink alcohol before fishing.
- Please leave gates as you found them.
- Protect wildlife, plants and trees.
- Take your litter home.
- Always use gates, stiles or other recognised access points and avoid damage to fences, hedges and walls.
- Avoid making any unnecessary noise.
- Do not interfere with livestock, crops, machinery or other property.
- Greed: Do not take more fish than you need. Return unwanted fish immediately,
rather than throwing them into the fish box.