Project Coordinator Job Advertisement
Post: Project Coordinator
Where: Bere Island, Beara, Co. Cork
Employer: Bere Island Projects Group CLG
Contract: Full-time (35 hour week) – Includes regular evening work and minimal weekend work
Duration: Full time post subject to funding from Comhar na nOileain and Department of Community and Rural Development
Salary: Dependent on qualifications & experience
Bere Island Projects Group CLG is an Island community development company based on Bere Island, Co Cork, working in the area of community and Island development. The Development Company is currently funded from the Department of Community and Rural Development via Comhar na nOileán Teo.
The following is a list of the requirements for the post:
• A relevant third-level qualification in community development, social science or related discipline while not essential, would be desirable
• Ability to work on own initiative and/or in collaboration with other partners, depending on the situation
• At least 3 years’ experience of paid community development work or 5 years’ voluntary experience in this area would be desirable.
• An understanding of island life, and willingness to generate new and creative ideas for island development. • The ability to network effectively and work at an inter-agency level with voluntary, community and statutory Agencies.
• The ability to engage directly with the full spectrum of island community groups (IFA, GAA, Foroige, Tourism Committee, Community Radio Group, parkrun core team, creative places, inter alia) and assist in their work when mandated to do so by the Board of the Company.
• Proven ability of planning and delivering projects, programmes, activities and services at community level • Experience supervising staff and volunteers
• Experience managing finances and budgets
• Strong marketing skills including social media
• An understanding of how a company works
• Experience of working in a charity and implementing the code of Governance
• Experience in making funding applications
• Excellent computer, organisational & planning skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, particularly around report writing • Own transport, full clean driver’s licence
• The flexibility to travel to regular meetings on the mainland
For further information, a job description, a person specification and an application form contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 027 75099. Completed Application forms should be sent by email to email@example.com for attention of the Chairperson.
Applications accepted by email only. Closing Date: 05/08/2023